Firesound Fire Rated Acoustic Sealant
Firesound™ Fire Rated Acoustic Sealant
Firesound is a premium quality, flexible construction sealant formulated to perform as a barrier to the passage of both fire and sound through construction joints and service penetrations in concrete, aerated concrete, block work, brickwork and fire-rated plasterboard.
ADVANTAGES / FEATURES
- Premium quality, flexible construction sealant accommodating up to ±20% joint movement
- Fire rated for up to 4 hrs in joints up to 50 mm when tested in accordance with AS1530.4
- Intumescent; expands to compensate for deflection of building elements that result from exposure to extreme heat or fire
- Non-hazardous, free from solvents, isocyanates and asbestos
- Excellent acoustic performance; low shore A hardness and high density formula achieving up to Rw 65 (-2;-5) when tested in accordance with AS1276.1
- Low VOC Green Star Project compliant sealant, 31g/L (SCAQM Rule 1168.)
- UV Stable
- Compatible Substrates: Concrete, Mortar, Brick, Masonry, Fire rated plasterboard, Aluminium, Steel inc. stainless, Zinc/galvanised steel, Cable coverings (PVC)
Before use consult fire test reports for specific tested FRL's due to variations in fire rating results using different thicknesses and types of substrates.